Expand your skill set. Increase your value.
Take a Grand Circus micro course!
Take any of these 4-week micro courses.
3 evenings per week, 6:30- 10 pm EST for 4 weeks
Data Insights & Visualization
Upcoming Start Dates:
January 15, 2024
SQL Queries & Databases
Upcoming Start Dates:
October 16, 2023
November 20, 2023
Tech skills are always in demand. Take your career to the next level with professional development.
Grand Circus micro courses are designed to help you grow your career through professional development. Whether you're in marketing, sales, or any role that can benefit from expanding your technical expertise, we give you the skills you need to enhance your career outlook. When you join Grand Circus, you’re joining a family that’s looking out for you. Here are some things you can expect to learn from our courses:
- Improved efficiency and productivity: Tech skills allow professionals to streamline processes and automate tasks, resulting in increased efficiency and productivity.
- Greater adaptability: In an age where technology is constantly changing, professionals with strong tech skills are better equipped to adapt to new tools and systems as they emerge.
- Enhanced problem-solving abilities: Tech skills enable professionals to solve complex problems and identify innovative solutions, making them more valuable to their organizations.
- Improved job prospects and career advancement: Professionals with in-demand tech skills are highly sought after and can command higher salaries and better job opportunities.
- Communication confidence: Employees who acquire technical expertise come to the table better positioned to coordinate and problem-solve with tech teams.
Pricing and Scholarships
Our special introductory price for these micro courses is $999.
We encourage students to check with their employers about employee professional development and educational reimbursement programs. For these micro courses, we also offer two non-stackable scholarship opportunities:
Diversity Scholarship: $200 off
Who Qualifies? Anyone who identifies as a woman, Black+, Latinx, LGTBQ+, Native American+, or Anyone with disabilities. If applicable, you will need to self-disclose this information to an Admissions Counselor during your interview.
Service Scholarship: $200 off
Who Qualifies? Veterans, first responders, health care providers, & teachers
Micro Course Descriptions
The Data Insights & Visualization micro course will provides students with foundational skills in collecting, cleaning, visualizing, and evaluating data using in-demand tools and technology such as Jupyter Notebooks, PostgreSQL SQL Database, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Seaborn.
Intended Audience: This workshop is suitable for business analysts, data analysts, and developers who want to learn industry techniques and tools to collect, clean, analyze, and visualize data to gain business insights
- Required: Familiarity with formulas and graphs in spreadsheets (e.g., Excel)
- Nice to Have: Experience with any programming language. Students will learn and use some Python in this course, but this will not be a course focused on the Python language. All materials needed to learn the tools will be provided.
- Jupyter Notebooks with Python
- PostgreSQL and SQL Database
- Popular Python data analytics libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Seaborn
Software to Install: Anaconda (includes Python, Jupyter Notebooks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this Data Analytics workshop, the participants will be able to
- Learn foundational data literacy skills and basic statistical.
- Produce useful insights using statistical analysis of data.
- Process data from a variety of sources, including CSV, Excel, and databases.
- Manipulate and query data in SQL databases.
- Apply data cleaning, preprocessing, and standardization for data analysis.
- Visualize data with multiple types of graphs.
- Use Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to perform initial investigations to uncover patterns and detect anomalies.
- Apply the basics processes of Predictive Analysis and Data Science.
This micro course is an introduction to databases and SQL queries. After an introduction to core SQL queries and functions, we dive into a number of more advanced SQL topics that will help users of SQL databases enhance the performance of their SQL queries and scale their applications.
Intended Audience: Developers, data analysts, business analysts, and others interested in learning more about database structures and using SQL queries.
Prerequisites: None, aside from basic computer skills. We recommend students have some familiarity with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and have a desire to use SQL to query databases.
Key Technologies: SQL and SQL Databases
Software to Install: MySQL Community Server, MySQL Workbench
Learning Outcomes: Students will learn key SQL database concepts, execute simple and complex queries, format and manipulate data, and create indices.
Why Grand Circus?
Grand Circus has been at the forefront of tech education since 2013, offering comprehensive training in a variety of in-demand fields such as software development and data analytics. Our instruction is top-notch, delivered by industry experts who are passionate about helping students achieve their career goals. We're honored to have students who working for Fortune 500 companies like those pictured below.